We took our ultralight and efficient carbon-fiber Epic chassis and then added a mix of components that increases your fun factor without also making your checking account weep. The end result is this bike right here. The Epic Comp Carbon EVO is proof that sometimes you actually can have it all.
A MORE EPIC KIND OF EPIC
Dropper posts and slightly longer forks may seem like overkill on an XC bike. We beg to differ. Epic EVOs are not only fast off the start line, they're even better suited to masochistically long rides, multi-day stage races, and fast backcountry missions.
HARDTAIL EFFICIENT. FULL-SUSPENSION CONTROL
Suspension should always make you fasternever slow you down with energy-sucking suspension bob. Our ingenious Brain-equipped shocks keep the Epic firm when the trail is smooth, then automatically turns your bike plush the moment your tires meet rocks and roots.
Race-proven, carbon chassis and ingenious Brain suspensionnothings faster.
120mm-travel RockShox Reba RL fork increases the EVOs downhill capability.
An X-Fusion Manic dropper seatpost increases control on steep descents.
- Full fact 11m carbon-fiber frame combines stiffness, strength, and light overall weight to deliver a peerless race bikeat any price. Meanwhile, the new geometry, RockShox Brain shock, and 100mm of travel, make the Epic the best handling, fastest XC rig you've been on.
- Meet Brain 2.0. We mounted the latest generation Brain shock closer to the axle, making it responsive to the smallest of bumps. We also reduced oil turbulence for consistent suspension performance, no matter how big and fast the hits come. Next, we ditched the Brains original floating piston for a bladder system that yields even smoother action. The worlds smartest suspension just got even smarter.
- An extra 20 millimeters goes a long way when it comes to boosting a forks ability to suck up bumps. Thats why weve equipped the EVO with a 120mm-travel RockShox Reba RL fork.
- The 12-speed SRAM NX Eagle groupset brings the performance of Eagleall the gearing you need to tackle the biggest, steepest climbsin a simple, single-ring package. No front derailleurs necessary.
- An X-Fusion Manic seatpost brings you some much-needed drop for tackling steep descents, but it also features a zero-offset design that keeps your weight over the bottom bracket for the climbs.