EVO represents the rowdier side of our bike line and the Epic Comp EVO is no exception to the rule. Weve added a longer travel fork and a dropper post to the Comp-level Epic to create a bike thats just as fast, but offers even more control when the trail gets hectic.
A MORE EPIC KIND OF EPIC
Dropper posts and slightly longer forks may seem like overkill on an XC bike. We beg to differ. Epic EVOs are not only fast off the start line, they're even better suited to masochistically long rides, multi-day stage races, and fast backcountry missions.
HARDTAIL EFFICIENT. FULL-SUSPENSION CONTROL
Suspension should always make you fasternever slow you down with energy-sucking suspension bob. Our ingenious Brain-equipped shocks keep the Epic firm when the trail is smooth, then automatically turns your bike plush the moment your tires meet rocks and roots.
Race-proven, alloy chassis and ingenious Brain suspension.
120mm-travel RockShox Reba RL fork increases the EVOs downhill capability.
An X-Fusion Manic dropper seatpost increases control on steep descents.
- M5 premium aluminum with D'Aluisio Smartweld technology combines stiffness, strength, and light overall weight to deliver an off-the-hook race bike. Meanwhile, the new geometry, RockShox Brain shock, and 100mm of rear travel paired with a longer-travel (120mm) RockShox Reba RL fork, make the Epic EVO one of the most capable, fastest XC rigs available at any price.
- Meet Brain 2.0. We mounted the latest generation Brain shock closer to the axle, making it responsive to the smallest of bumps. We also reduced oil turbulence for consistent suspension performance, no matter how big and fast the hits come. Next, we ditched the Brains original floating piston for a bladder system that yields even smoother action. The worlds smartest suspension just got even smarter.
- An extra 20 millimeters goes a long way when it comes to boosting a forks ability to suck up bumps. Thats why weve equipped the EVO with a 120mm-travel RockShox Reba RL fork.
- The 12-speed SRAM NX Eagle groupset brings the performance of Eagleall the gearing you need to tackle the biggest, steepest climbsin a simple, single-ring package. No front derailleurs necessary.
- An X-Fusion Manic seatpost brings you some much-needed drop for tackling steep descents, but it also features a zero-offset design that keeps your weight over the bottom bracket for the climbs.